Friday, March 05, 2004

March 5, 2004
12:03 AM CST

Bless me computer, for I have existed. It has been two days since my last blog and....oh nevermind. Just a Catholic flashback.

Well, it's raining like I'm Noah in Milwaukee, Land of Beer and Cheese, Home of the Mullet, where heavy metal is still inexplicably worshipped. It's an interesting change from Philadelphia, that's for sure.

Yea, I'm from Philly. Actually I'm from in order of appearance) Drexel Hill, PA; Enfield, Connecticut; Phoenixville, PA; Plantation, FL; Wilmington, North Carolina; Havertown, PA; Philadelphia, PA; West Chester, PA; Greensboro, NC; West Chester, PA (again, in three different places) and finally, here in Milwaukee.
I enjoy the Midwest. After years and years of kneejerk bad attitudes in the Northeast, it's nice to meet people who are nice OUTSIDE of their job descriptions just because. I also like that both of my senators are Democrats, unlike the ignoramuses in Pennsylvania.

I think in order for this to be a successful blog, I think the length of it needs to take time to read roughly equivalent to walking the length of an average-sized apartment, so I'll end here. Thanks for reading. I hope you're drier than me right now.

Oh, and as a warning, I REALLY wanted to recommend the new Johnatha Brooke album "Back In The Circus", and then I heard the dreadful covers of "Fire and Rain" and "God Only Knows" that are on it, and I was crushed. Some songs are untouchable. "God Only Knows" off of "Pet Sounds" is a masterpiece. I'm NOT on a major label and I KNOW to cover that one is to have a death wish............Good night.

No comments: