Saturday, March 20, 2004

It's been a few days...

And so we find ourselves in the midst of March Madness. Being from Philly, I have to root for the St. Joe's Hawks.
When I was younger, I spent a lot of time in a bar called Ray's, that was just behind the St. Joe's campus in West Philly. It was a place where you could get a drink before you turned 21. Walt the bartender was usually more lit up than the patrons. I remember one night when I had a heavy dinner, and went to Ray's to drink up. I ended up throwing up on the sidewalk across the street in front of a thrift store whose dollars went to a campaign for the homeless. Then I turned 21. I went there on my 21st birthday to say goodbye. I was too old for the place.
My good feelings are still flowing. I'll let the readers in on a little secret. As of this moment, my name isn't John Paul Spencer, but I will be changing it sometime soon. I see it as a rebirth. There will never be a force on Earth that will be able to wipe the smile off of my face on the day that the world knows me as Mr. Spencer. Things inside me are beginning to change, and the name will seal the deal.
Good night. Vote Democratic. Give love a BIGGER chance.

No comments: